Local ad agency 22squared is hosting a mobile-themed hackathon benefiting Atlanta nonprofit organizations. We’re recruiting developers, UX specialists, designers, creatives and social media experts to create mobile solutions for midsize, Atlanta-based nonprofits. You’ll get to mingle with reps from organizations like Google, Microsoft, Georgia Tech and Coca-Cola, who will judge submissions and award prizes to the winners. The winning team will receive graphic design and PR support from 22squared for their mobile solution.
Simply fill out the registration form and show up at the 22squared office at the below times. Your team will be assigned to a nonprofit and meet with reps from that nonprofit to learn more about its technology needs. The team that comes up with the best solution by the end of the hackathon wins.
Friday, November 8, 6:00pm-8:00pm:
- Introductions of sponsors, judges and participating nonprofits
- Breakout briefings with nonprofits and developer teams
All day Saturday, November 9, and Sunday, November 10, until 3:00pm:
- Developers working onsite
- Developer meals provided at 22squared by sponsors
Sunday, November 10, 3:00pm-6:00pm:
- Developer team presentations to judges
- Announcement of winning developer team and presentation of prizes to winning developer team and winning nonprofit
Prestige, bragging rights, a warm feeling in your heart knowing you made the world a better place. What more could you ask for?
Well, prizes vary but could include tablets, mobile devices, swag and more! And meals will be provided by our sponsors. We don’t want you coding hungry.
Mobilize will be held Friday, Nov. 8, through Sunday, Nov. 10 at the 22squared Atlanta office, located at 1170 Peachtree St. NE, 14th Floor, Atlanta, GA 30309.